Hopping Just for the Fun Of It - Halloween Rosette Wreath

Welcome to the second blog hop of a new Stampin' Up group, "Hopping Just For The Fun Of It."  I have created something very special to share with you. I'm Stop #9 and there are 16 stops in all.  You can begin the hop from my blog, or follow in order if you get lost by starting here. Or, you may have arrived from Robbie's Blog, inkedx2. Our theme is "Halloween/Fall Happenings"  This means the projects you see on our hop will feature my favorite time of the year! You can click on the images for a larger look.
The rosettes were made using the Simply Scored tool and different sizes of Pick Your Poison Designer Series Paper. I also used a non-SU Sizzix die for the smaller rosettes. The larger rosettes measure 2-1/2" x 18" and 1-1/2" x 18" (I had to attach an 11"piece to 7"piece).

Here is a close up of one the embellishments. I stamped the sentiment from Dark & Dreary on to a piece of First Edition DSP. I stamped it again on to a piece of Peach Parfait card stock and punched out the 31 and attached it with a Stampin' Dimensional. I inked a scallp square piece of chipboard from the On Board Merry Medley chipboard shapes with Soft Suede and attached the stamped image and curled the edges. 

I added a trinket crown to the skeleton face (punched out of DSP) and added Dazzling Details to his eye sockets.

I traced and cut out the Poison sentiment from the Pick Your Poison DSP and glued it to a piece of On Board Merry Medley chipboard. I cut out the "P" from the other matching piece of DSP and added some details with Soft Suede, Peach Parfait and Dazzling Details.

I decorated with various brads and rhinestones. and punched out the spider from the Pick Your Poison DSP


To create this wreath I started out with a plain 12" wire wreath frame and wrapped wide black ribbon around it for my base. This way it was easy to adhere the rosettes to it with a hot glue gun. To make the black button embellishments, I used some tweezers and coated the button with black StazOn. Then I heat embossed them with Black Embossing Powder. I hope you enjoyed my creation. I didn't get to keep it though. My mom begged me for it, so I let her have it since I am such a good daughter! Have a very creative World Card Making Day!  CLICK HERE for the next stop on the blog to visit StampWithJane.

Comments

  1. Kris, your projects are always so fun--and just gorgeous! I hope your mom will let you visit this beaty from time to time. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the wreath. I've been wanting to make one but I don't think I'll ever have the patience to finish one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH! That is gorgeous! I was hoping someone in cyberworld would tackle a Halloween lolly wreath! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these wreaths! I want to make one for every holiday. This is the first halloween one I have seen, love the way you did it! TFS!

    Cindy Ferenz
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This wreath is fabulous!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wreath ... it would be cool to have one for each holiday or at least season!! Thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iove your lolly wreath! I will be making one next week, thanks for the inspiration!
    Janice Heighway

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable wreath! Nice to see a Halloween lolli wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Halloween wreath. It's even nicer than the Spice Cake sample in the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic. I love the papers you used. It really made it special. TFS

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris, I have been waiting to see this posted! You did a FABULOUS job - love love love it!!!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts