Customizing Accents

Yesterday's Spring Training exercise was to take 10 minutes to alter letter or shape stickers or die cuts with markers, inks, paint, mists or other coloring tools to custom match your next scrapbook page or other paper crafting project. Almost anything can be altered with a little paint or ink. Here's a page from my One Little Word album. My background paper is from the retiring Stampin' Up! Beau Chateau Designer Series paper. I altered some green fabric letter stickers using a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker and just colored over the green. Next, I used a Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker to color over a chip board letter C. I then used some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink with a sponge and swiped over the letter C until I got this creamy suede look. I had a paper Prima flower embellishment which was orange at first. I just colored over that with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker and let it dry. This was such a fun way to customize my accents to have them match my paper.

Comments

Popular Posts