Back to School Survival Crate

It's back to school time in Oklahoma! Today I am playing along with the Back to School Rubbernecker Challenge #16.

I combined the Wood Words and Coffee Cafe stamp sets to create this little teacher gift called the Back to School Survival Crate. I assembled the crate using the Wood Crate Framelits die and the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. Next I stamped the "for you" sentiment onto the DSP and cut out the tag shape with the framelit in the Wood Crate Framelits set. I looped a piece of Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon behind the tag and tied a bow with Linen Thread. Now on to the goodies:


Contents: Faux Wood Crate, Thanks a Latte card, A Note for You Post it Note holder, chocolate, Life Happens Coffee Helps mini notebook, one pack of Emergen-C, and two instant Starbuck's coffee's in a little tag holder.

The crate contains a little card cut out of the coffee cups framelits die. I stamped the Thanks a Latte sentiment from the coordinating Coffee Cafe stamp set in Garden Green. I have a tutorial HERE that shows how to make a card from this framelit die. I thought the sentiment was really cute for the teachers. 

I created a little Post it Note holder. My Post Its measured 3" x 3" so I cut a piece of Whisper White DSP 3-1/4" x 6-3/4" and scored at 3-2/8" and 3-4/8".  The front is decorated with the Coffee Break DSP. I added another stamp set to the mix. The banner is from the Number of Years set and I cut it out with the coordinating shape in the Large Number Framelits Die. The sentiment is from the Wood Words stamp set. The little circle embellishment was stamped on to Whisper White cardstock in Early Espresso from the circle shape in the Wood Words set and I cut it out with the Layering Circle Framelit die.
I've seen these little notebooks created with other dies, so I thought why not go along with the theme and add a little coffee notebook. The sentiment is stamped in green ombre by using various shades of green Stampin' Write markers directly onto the stamp.  I punched the hole with my Crop-A-Dile and added a little metal ring and ribbon to hold it together. I cut out loose leaf notebook paper with the coffee framelit die.
Obviously, we need coffee to get through the first day of school. With these little instant packets you don't even need water. You can just snip off the top of the package and chug it. Lol! The word coffee is taken off of another sentiment from the Coffee Cafe set. I inked that word only in Early Espresso and stamped onto the Wood Textures DSP. With the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, you can cut a 2 inch strip of paper as long as you want it. Punch the top and fold it over to create a pocket. I punched the holes with my Crop-A-Dile and back stitched Linen Thread through the holes to hold it together. 

I pray that our teachers and kiddos have a wonderful school year and that they stay safe and have open minds and their hearts are filled with of love. I pray that they embrace each other's differences and stand up for what is just and good in the world. I pray that lasting friendships are formed and that an end is put to discrimination and nonsense. I pray for an all inclusive environment where children of all abilities feel valued and loved!
If you would like to order any of the items to make these projects, you can order from me by clicking on this link to start shopping. Please choose me as your demonstrator at check out. Thanks for stopping by!

 Supply List:
  • Stamp Sets: Coffee Cafe, Number of Years, Wood Words
  • Colors & Ink:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Cucumber Crush, Blushing Bride
  • DSP: Coffee Break
  • Tools and Embelishments: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips,Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon, Linen Thread, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Crop-A-Dile
  • Big Shot: Coffee Cups Framelits, Large Number Framelits Die, Wood Crate Framelits Die, Layering Circles Framelits Die

Comments

Popular Posts