We Create Blog Hop - October Step it Up

 

Welcome to our October Blog Hop! We are a group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who create a simple project and then a “stepped up” version on the first of every month. October 7th is World Card Making Day! So, I'll be showing you two fun Halloween cards created with the new Spooky Night suite from the Holiday Catalog. Be sure to read to the bottom of this post for details on 3 special Stampin' Up! sales this month.   
Stepped up card on the left and simple card on the right.
For the simple card, I cut off the top of the gate from the Detailed Gate Thinlints Die to create the embellishment on the left. I used the moon image from the Spooky Night DSP and cut it down to a 2 3/4" square and matted it onto a 3" square of Basic Black cardstock. I punched out the black cat using the new Cat Punch and stuck him in the tree with a Dimensional. The sentiment is from the Spooky Cat stamp set on Very Vanilila cardstock. It's finished off with a piece of Black Vintage Crochet Trim.
I stepped it up by creating a gate fold card with a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" then scored the panels at 2 1/8" x 6 3/8". The outside Spooky Night DSP panels measure 1 7/8" x 5 1/4". The main image was created by cutting out a the moon image to measure 3" x 3" and matting onto a 3 1/4" square of Basic Black cardstock. The witch hat was fussy cut from the same DSP pack and adhered to the tree. I cut off two gate tops and two Pumpkin Pie coordinating background pieces using the Detailed Gate Thinlits Die and adhered them to the back of the square. Then the left side of this embellishment was glued to the left panel on the front and the black rhinestone jewels were added.
When you open the card, it's amazing! I love this DSP! I cut off the bottom of the detailed gate and punched out the cat from the DSP and stamped the sentiment onto Very Vanilla cardstock.
Later, I went back and added some creepy black flowers which I cut from the Everyday Jars Framelits. Then, I didn't like it and thought it was a bit too much. But, they were already stuck down. However, I do like the black rhinestone jewels that I added to the sentiment. I think the Cat Punch is Fiona's favorite! 

Thank you for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers' stepped up cards look like, hop on over to my creative friend Julie Davidse's blog, Stampin Jul by clicking Next Blog below:
http://stampinjul.blogspot.com/2017/10/WCBH10-1.html


There are three different SU sales starting today!
1) Buy 3 Get 1 Free of Select Designer Series Paper.
2) Get 15% off Note Cards & Envelopes and select stamp sets.
3) Buy 1 Fast Fuse Adhesive (item 129026) and get TWO Fast Fuse refills for free.


Please choose me as your happy demonstrator when you order from  www.stampinup.com.
  • Stamp Set: Spooky Cat
  • Colors & Ink: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Black Memento
  • Embellishments: Black Rhinestone Jewels, Black Vintage Crochet Trim
  • Tools: Simply Scored, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Cat Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Big Shot: Detailed Gate Thinlits Die

Comments

  1. Great minds think alike! It's all about Halloween ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cool! Great use of the gate die, and I love the witch's hat sitting in the tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the added black flowers to last one. I think Fiona agrees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts