Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Haunted House

I purchased this awesome MDF wooden haunted house from SA Crafters, LLC at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention in Arlington. When I was a child my favorite pop-up book was a Hallmark book called, A Visit to the Haunted House. Photos courtesy of Google:

So it began, my love for all things Halloween. The base of the house is made of MDF wood, like the fence. I covered it with different woodgrain strips of the Stampin' Up! Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (144177) using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755). I didn't have any wood glue, but to my surprise, this glue even held the wooden house together on the base and the held the fences to it. I created the shingles by punching out lots of circles with Basic Black cardstock using the 1/2" Circle Punch (119869). Black glitter was added over the top. The bats were MDF wood as well and they are attached to craft wire with a glue dot. They wire and bats are painted with black chalkboard paint.
To create the consistent board shapes, I punched out the paper using the Classic Label Punch (141491) and cut off the ends. I added a Window Sheet (142314) which has the spider web stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento (132708) from the retired Happy Scenes set.The doorknob was punched out with the retired Jewelry Tag. I drew the keyhole and added a rhinestone brad.
I inked the openings of the door and windows using a Sponge Dauber (133773) and Black Archival Ink (140931). The vintage people, broomstick and pumpkins came from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.
 
The Woodgrain DSP is part of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free of Select Designer Series Paper sale that is going on through October. To purchase any of the Stampin' Up! items used to make this project, please visit www.stampinup.com and choose me as your demonstrator. 
  • Stamp Set: Happy Scenes (retired)
  • Colors & Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Black Archival Ink
  • Embellishments: Rhinestone Jewel, Window Sheets
  • Tools:  Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 1/2" Circle Punch, Classic Label Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch (retired)
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts