Ready for Christmas Shadow Box Card

I am having so much fun making these shadow box cards. I got the structural idea from Tami White and just ran with it. The card folds flat to mail, then opens up like a pop up card with a surprise inside . . .
To create this card you just start with an 11" x 4-1/2" base and score at 2", 6", 6-1/2" and 10-1/2" and go from there. I used the Merry Little Labels set for the outside.  Inside features the Ready for Christmas stamp set with the coordinating Christmas Staircase Thinlits dies. These are available from the Holiday Catalog until January 2, 2018. 
The inside panels are embossed with the Holly Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I created the window frame with the Wood Textures DSP and the Hearth and Home Framelits die.  I used Paper Snips to cut off the inside window frames so that it looks more like a bay window and doesn't obstruct the view as much. (In my previous post, I created a Halloween card and you can see how the shadow box looks with the framed window.)  Let me know if you have any questions. Here is my supply list. You may order any of the supplies listed by visiting www.stampinup.com and choosing me as your demonstrator.  

  • Stamp Sets: Ready for Christmas, Merry Little Labels
  • Designer Series Paper: Wood Textures DSP, Merry Little Christmas DSP, Be Merry DSP
  • Colors & Ink: Basic Black Memento,Whisper White, Real Red, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
  • Embellishments: Window Sheets, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Jute Twine
  • Tools: Everyday Label Punch, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Aqua Painter
  • Big Shot:  Hearth and Home Framelits Die, Christmas Staircase Framelits Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits Die, Holly Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Comments

Popular Posts