We Create Blushing Blog Hop

Welcome to February's Blushing Blog Hop with the We Create Design Team! Our theme is "Blushing" which includes Pinks and Reds of any shade. I'm using the Sale-a-Bration stamp set, So Hoppy Together which is free with any $50 purchase. There are nine stops along the way, so be sure to read all the way to the bottom and click the NEXT button to visit the next blogger.
I created this trio of cards to show all three of the cute little frogs featured in this set. My blushing color combo includes, Lovely Lipstick, Melon Mambo, and Flirty Flamingo.
This blushing watercolor background was done on Whisper White cardstock. Ideally, I would have used Shimmery White (because it's thicker), but I went light with the water. I scribbled my first blushing color with a Stampin' Write Marker onto my craft mat and used an Aqua Painter to pick up the color to create a wash using the colors listed above.  I created a second piece like this and cut out the hearts using the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. The three little juggling hearts came from the center of the framelit hearts. 
I used the remainder of the hearts to create this lovely scene. I wanted to lighten the background (All My Love Designer Series Paper piece), so I covered it with Shimmery White Embossing Paste. I placed a few of the Heart Epoxy Droplets over the coordinating size hearts for dimension and fun!
Thanks for visiting our blog hop! Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Happy Valentine's Day. Click the Next button below to visit Tricia's Stampin Creations to see her blushing project.   

I would love to be your demonstrator! You can order any of the supplies to make the cards featured above in my online store at www.krisk.stampinup.net.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: So Hoppy Together, Be Mine Valentine (Jan 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit)
  • Colors and Ink: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Lovely Lipstick, Flirty Flamingo, Black Memento Ink, Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist
  • DSP: All My Love
  • Embellishments: Shimmery White Embossing Paste, All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack, Heart Epoxy Droplets 
  • Tools: Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Aqua Painter, Multipurpose Liquid Glue
  • Punches: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
  • Big Shot: Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies

Comments

  1. So cute! I love that you always feature so many ideas! I think the second one is my favorite card- and I would never have thought to use embossing paste over DP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, LOVE your cards Kris! Clever the frog is 'holding the sign'. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute ideas! My favorite is the last one. I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card set. I love the way the green of the frogs pops against the pretty pinks in your card designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO MANY wonderful ideas! You can tell that you really had fun with this!!! love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frog holding the banner - I love it! I love your backgrounds as well. Cute frogs on Valentines. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I love that we both used the froggie, and we both have him "juggling" hearts! Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts