Timeless Tulips Sympathy Card

Created this beautiful sympathy card using the Timeless Tulips stamp set. I cased this idea from Jan Clothier, but changed up the background using the retired Woodgrain paper and a different sentiment. 

First I created the background stripe of ink using the Sponge Brayers with Pear Pizzaz, Petal Pink and Blackberry Bliss by masking off a 1- 3/4" stripe. I stamped the tulips in Blackberry Bliss and colored them in using the Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends. The stems and leaves are stamped in Pear Pizzaz.  As I was stamping the stems, the edge of my stamping block put a green stripe on my last piece of DSP! So, I just went with it and inked the edge of my block with Pear Pizzaz and made some more lines. I think it turned out pretty neat! 

Please leave a comment and order at www.stampinup.com. This set will be available until June 2nd and comes in a bundle with the matching tulip punch (saving 10%).

Comments

Popular Posts