My Inky Friends Stampin' Up! Blog Hop: Love it. Live it. Share it.


Welcome to My Inky Friends' Blog Hop! This month we are featuring crafty ideas using products from the brand new Occasions Catalog.  This catalog went live on January 3rd and runs through May 31, 2018. Should you get lost during the blog hop, you may find a list of participants on the Inky Friends blog page. You may have arrived from Shelley's blog, Miss Mad Stamper, where she featured the Hold on to Hope Bundle. I'm excited to show you what I created with the Bubble Over Bundle (146082) on page 32 of the Occasions Catalog. 
This set has just exploded on Pinterest and there are tons of ideas! I was inspired by Sarah Klass.  I did an emboss resist on the front of the card where I stamped the bubbles with clear Versamark on Whisper White cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. I sponged on rows of color starting at the bottom and sponging upward to leave some white space at the top. Can you see the clear bubbles toward the top? Those are the new Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes on page 33. The coordinating framelits cut out the bottles from the matching DSP in the SAB catalog (which you can get free with a $50 purchase).  Just Look at the surprise on the inside...
I used the Wood Textures DSP and Wood Crate Framelits. I made a similar card HERE where I used flowers instead. I just had to try it with the bottles. You can also make it without the DSP like this...
To coordinate with the crate theme, I created this little Valentine's Day treat. Remember these Nik-L-Nip wax mini drink bottles? Eight of them fit in a little cello bag. I added some SAB ribbon and made a little bottle top embellishment. The Happy Valentine's Day sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and fits perfectly within the Classic Label Punch. 


I created two traditional cards below. The left card does not use any Designer Series Paper. The images are all stamped.  The card on the right uses the Bubbles and Fizz DSP:
I just love the little bottle lid which you can cut out with the matching framelit. For the card above I stamped the images in the bottle caps. For the card below I cut them out with the DSP.
Here's another set of cards using this same layout, except I popped off the lid and used the straw.  You can see how it looks with different pieces of the Bubbles and Fizz DSP:
Thank you for stopping by. Please say hello and leave a comment. Now it's time to move ahead to see how Yapha used the Sunshine & Rainbows set. Hop on over to yaphamason.com to see what she created for us. 
www.yaphamason.com
https://missmadstamper.blogspot.com/2018/02/inky-friends-blog-hop-live-it-love-it.html
You can order any of the supplies to make this card by visiting www.stampinup.com.  If you need a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to earn your business.  I used these supplies:
  • Stamp: Bubble Over (Bubble Over Bundle comes with the Bottles and Bubbles Framelits Dies and saves 10% as a bundle through May 31, 2018.)
  • Designer Series Paper: Bubbles and Fizz DSP (SAB Free with $50 Purchase), Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, Watercolor Paper
  • Colors & Ink: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White
  • Embellishments: 1/4" Ombre Ribbon in Lemon Lime Twist, 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon in Lemon Lime Twist, Solid White Bakers Twine, Shimmer Ribbon Combo Pack (SAB set Free with $50 Purchase), Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes
  • Tools: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals 
  • Punches: Classic Label Punch
  • Big Shot: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits Dies, Wood Crate Framelits Die

Comments

  1. Love your projects, Kris. My fav has got to be the little crate with the waxy bottled treats. Bring back fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW. Your projects are gorgeous. I love the crate inside the card. Clever. Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many ideas! This is such a fun set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects, Kris! I love the first card with the crate inside! Super cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris this is amazing would I be able to bother you for the measurements you used on the card with the crate please I just have to try this. So gorgeous TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The card base is just a top fold card turned on it's side (4-1/4" x 11"). Inside the crate, put two 1/2" strips that are 4" long and fold the ends at 3/4" and 1/2". You will attach the bottles to these pieces. You can see more detail on another post I did where I used flowers here: http://paperfairykris.blogspot.com/2017/07/we-create-blog-hop-july-step-it-upWCBH7-1.html Let me know if you have anymore questions and let me know what you make. I'd love to see it!!

      Delete
  6. These are so great! The crate, the wax bottles - just great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, Your projects are so much fun! I LOVE the pop up card. Such a great idea. Cute, Cute, Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, the pop up six pack is AWESOME!!! And those wax bottles sure bring back memories - I didn't even know they made hem anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kris, these projects are so fun! I love the wood crate pop-up mechanism for the inside of the card. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fun are your projects?!? I can't wait to get playing with this set and paper! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cuteness, Kris! Love the wax bottles and fantastic colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card with the popup Box. Is there a template for that? Beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do not have a template but I made a similar design with instructions here: http://paperfairykris.blogspot.com/2017/07/we-create-blog-hop-july-step-it-upWCBH7-1.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts