Colors of Spring Blog Hop

Features the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack.
Welcome to the Colors of Spring Blog Hop. We hope you will be inspired by our creations using Stampin' Up! products and accessories. I'm stop #3 and there are 9 stops in all. We are a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who became friends through stamping from Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, and Idaho. I've featured some new items from the Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog. Enjoy the hop! I love comments so please say hello!

You may have arrived from Michelle's blog.
The next stop is Cathee's blog.

Custom paint in Stampin' Up! colors using acrylic paint mixed with re-inkers!

Friends Card: My inspiration came from page 16 in the Spring Catalog, with a few modifications. This card will also be featured as the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge at Craft Project Central. You are getting a sneek peek! If you look at the sample card in the Spring Catalog, Stampin' Up! used the Large Scallop Edgelits Framelits Die with the coordinating Delicate Designs Embossing Folder. How did I know this? You can download a list of Stampin' Supplies for all of the samples in the catalogs HERE. I substituted the Paper Doilies and them dyed Crumb Cake using a Brayer and Classic Stampin' Pad. See the unique border at the top of the butterfly embellishment? Stampin' Up! used the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder. I used five 7/8" scallop punches. 

Butterflies in Vase: I couldn't waste the butterflies that I cut out to make the Friends card, so I created this cute little Spring vase. I created custom paint for the vase using about a tablespoon of white acrylic paint mixed with 20 drops of Pool Party re-inker. I coated the inside of the vase then turned it upside down to dry. I attached craft wire to the butterflies and wrapped the wire around a Stampin' Write Marker to get the springy look. 

Here's the Lineup
1.  Julie Davidse 
2.  Michelle Stohl 
3. Kris Kilkenny (me)
4. Cathee Anderson 
5. Tanya Harvey
6. Julie Wadlinger 
You may have arrived from Michelle's blog.
The next stop is Cathee's blog.

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment!

Comments

  1. I LOVE how you used the negative of the butterfly punch as your focal point! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and how you've used the punched out images for the additional butterflies! I need to stop hoarding my Dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Doily! What a great use of it! And I absolutely love them dyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and creative layout! I love the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE that card! I'm so excited to get to use even more butterflies now that Spring is coming! The dyed doilies and the natural ribbon look phenomenal together!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love the butterflies! I think I may CASE your vase project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts