Trick or Treat Letterpress Plates - Two Simple Techniques


This first card is done the traditional way. I inked up the Letterpress Plate with Elegant Eggplant Craft Ink. Next, I used Stampin' Up's watercolor paper, placed it on top of the plate and ran it through the Big Shot. I stamped the spider from Pick Your Poison in Basic Black. I punched the edges with the Ticket Corner punch and glued it to my card base. Next, I embossed the entire card front with the Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and punched the holes in the corners with the 1/16" Circle Punch. I added a black glimmer brad to the spider's body. We'll be making this card at October's Stamp Club.
For this card, I placed the watercolor paper on top of the Letterpress Plate without any ink on it and ran it through the Big Shot. Next, I inked up a sponge with Elegant Eggplant Craft Ink and sponged the edges. Then I just lightly dragged the sponge over the image from left to right. I was trying to keep this card simple, but it's screaming for me to add some Shimmer Spray! I used a clear rhinestone brad on this spider. Which one do you like the best? What would you add? I can't decide if I should ink the edges of the first card? I really like how the spider web runs off of the watercolor paper on to the card base.


Comments

Popular Posts