Dasher Money Holder Card Using Reflection Technique


The inspiration for this card came from Ann Wills  who is a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from New Zealand. I had some unusual sized policy envelopes which I wanted to use up, so I measured them, then created this card to fit which is 7-1/2" x 8 1/2" folded. This inside pocket is a Stampin' Up! Mini Square Envelope. The inside sentiment is from the set Easy Events and the front of the card features Dasher.

I stamped Dasher on Whisper White Card Stock using Black Stazon. To make his reflection, just ink and stamp again on to a Window Sheet and turn that over and rub the image on to your card stock. I wanted to leave some white showing around the reindeer to represent the light shining down from the star, so I cut out an L shape from a scrap piece of paper and covered the reindeer and part of his reflection.  Using the L as a mask, I lightly sponged Bashful Blue around the reindeer and the reflection. I removed the mask and softened the edges with Bashful Blue. Then I filled in the rest of the outside area by sponging Night of Navy in a circular rubbing motion, then dotting over that with the sponge. I used a white gel pen to draw the horizon and make horizontal  marks on the water. Then I accented the horizon with Dazzling Details and accented the water with Smooch Moonlight Accent Ink (page 203 IBC).  When I liked the effect, I sprayed just the water with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to make it look icy. Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts