A Celebration of Life

My children's grandmother, known as "Nana" passed away on July 16th after a three month long battle with Leukemia at the age of 73.  The loss has been so sad and overwhelming, but I promised her I would let her go. She loved angels and we came to the conclusion that it was time for her to "graduate" to become an angel herself.  She told me she was ready to go to Heaven. In trying to deal with our grief, my children and I printed off the following sheet.  It says, Nana - Just a Few of My Favorite Things.  Every time we thought of something she liked, we wrote it down on the page:
Here are a few of Nana's favorite things:  angels, diamonds, purple, Thomas Kinkade, Sutton, Pixie, roses, Farmville, the Hallmark Channel, Facebook, Words with Friends, romance novels, CSI, getting her hair done, playing with grandkids, going out to eat, pizza, ladybugs, and butterflies. 

I dreamed that she was in a garden similar to one in a Thomas Kinkade painting. I'm also reminded of her every time I see a ladybug. You are deeply missed Nana!

Comments

Popular Posts