Goodbye Watercolor Wonder Crayons

Here's a fun technique I learned in an online class called, Get Artsy, over at Big Picture Classes. The class encourages you to use supplies you have on hand, rather than purchasing all new ones. For this technique I used a 12 x 12 piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock.  I sewed a 9" x 12" piece of Mixed Media paper on to the card stock. I painted over the entire page with White Gesso. Then I colored and scribbled random patches of colors with Watercolor Wonder Crayons (which are retiring and only available while supplies last from Stampin' Up!)  I had these on hand so I used them in place of Gelatos. I used a spray bottle to mist the areas of color and blended them with my fingers.  When I had the colors where I wanted them I placed a stencil over the page and "erased" the color with a baby wipe in the area of the stenciled image.  The Gesso allows the color to be easily removed and it seals the page so that it doesn't tear when wiping.  You can purchase Watercolor Wonder Crayons while supplies last at www.krisk.stampinup.net.   

Comments

Popular Posts