Quick & Easy Classroom Halloween Treats


These little test tube holders are so quick and easy to put together. I CASED this idea from Chris Slogar's YouTube video. The test tubes are 4 1/2" tall and the card measures 3" x 3" with the test tube inserted.
To create the card base, I cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock 3" x 6". Then I used the Simply Scored to score at 2 3/8", 3", and 3 5/8". 
Fold the card in half and use paper snips to cut in about an inch on each side to leave the opening for the test tube to slide into the middle or spine of the card. This is where your grid paper comes in handy. I decorated the cover with a Pumpkin Pie base measuring 2" x 2 3/4" and then used different scraps and pieces of the Spooky Night DSP measuring 1 3/4" x 2 1/2". I used the coordinating Cat Punch to punch out the cats from the DSP and fussy cut some of the witch hats.
On the inside I added a piece of Very Vanilla measuring 2 x 2 3/4" and stamped the "Eat at Your Own Risk" sentiment from the Spooky Cat stamp set. 
These came together very quickly. Perfect for making classroom goodies. I added Nerds candy to the test tubes. I just love all of the different pieces of DSP in this pack. It's not late to select expedited shipping and get these for the weekend! Just go to www.stampinup.com and choose me as your demonstrator.
  • Stamp Set: Spooky Cat
  • Colors & Ink: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Black Memento
  • Embellishments: Test Tubes, Spooky Night Designer Series Paper
  • Tools: Simply Scored, Snail Adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Cat Punch

Comments

Popular Posts