Decor Elements Spooky Things Luminaries


I am so inspired by all of the new products and ideas in the Holiday Mini Catalog. Brent Steele featured some cute Halloween luminaries using the Decor Elements vinyl images (featured in the previous blog post photo). I just had to CASE it. The Decor Elements "Spooky Things" images come in a set of ten in a variety of creepy shapes and phrases. Available September 1st at www.krisk.stampinup.net


Instructions:
Cut one piece of Cardstock 5" by 12", then score it at 4" and 8". This creates 3 of the luminary panels.
Cut another piece of Cardstock 4 1/2" by 5" and score it 1/4" on each side. (it should be 5" tall and 4" wide between the score lines). This is the fourth panel.

I used a Frame QuicKutz Revolution die for the opening shape (which works in my Big Shot using Tab 2 and sandwiching the die like this: cutting pad, cardstock, die facedown, then top cutting pad.)
Cut four pieces of vellum just a little less than 4" by 4" so that it will give you room to adhere it between the folds for your window.
Adhere one or more of your vinyl elements to the vellum before adhereing to the inside of the luminary. Fold and adhere your luminary with either Snail or double sided sticky strip.

I started with Whisper White cardstock, then brayered over it with Pear Pizzaz (before adhering the vellum). I stamped over it with the Sanded background stamp in Baja Breeze and inked all of the edges in Baja Breeze.


While I was working on this I visited the Stampin' Addicts Blog Hop and saw another cute luminary by Kathleen Brill Myrice at FA_Stamper I CASe'd her idea to make a luminary using the Bigz Extra Large Fancy Favor die and making a window out of vellum embossed with the Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I used the 2 1/2 inch extra-large circle punch to make my window opening and the Nite Owl Designer Series Paper.

Check back soon. I have more Decor Elements on the way.

Comments

Popular Posts