Makin' my List & Checkin' it Twice With the Holiday Planner


These holiday planners are so easy to make and useful. You can re-use them each year. I got this idea from Melissa Stout.  She has a wonderful video tutorial on her blog. All you need is a school or office folder with pockets - without the brads in the center. Fold the center in the opposite direction, then fold the front flap over and the back flap in, like an accordian.

I cut a quarter of an inch off of the top of my folder since I was using a mat on the front out of an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of cardstock.  I used pieces of Candy Cane Christmas designer series paper (pg. 33 Holiday Mini Catalog) to decorate the inside.  Inside the third pocket I placed envelopes to hold receipts.  I just embellished them with a strip of leftover DSP. The calander, greeting card list and gift list were printed from Organized Christmas. I secured them to cardstock with a glimmer brad.

The front of the planner is embellished with a Santa which I stamped from the Jolly Old Saint Nick set. I used a Blush Blossom marker to color his face and accented his cheeks with a Blushing Bride marker. I added shimmer to his hat by mixing Crystal Effects with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and brushing it on with a thin paint brush. I used a little bit of Gray pastel chalks on a sponge dauber to add some shadowing and highlights to his beard. I used Microsoft Word for the sentiment and printed it out on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the oval punch.

Comments

  1. This is so cute Kris, I wanted to make these with me stampin group, but couldn't find the right forlders. Hope everything is going good for you, this time of year is so busy for me. Love you work, keep stampin.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts