Haunted Forest - Creating Pretty Cards Challenge #4


Here's my creation for the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge #4 on Craft Project Central. I couldn't get my idea to fit on a traditional card, so I did a Z-fold card using Pool Party Card Stock and Spice Cake Designer Series Paper. To make this Z-fold card I cut an 11" x 4-1/4" piece of Pool Party CS. Score vertically at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2" using your Simply Scored. I colored on my Haunted Forest Stamp with Stampin' Write Markers and stamped my image onto Whisper White Card Stock. I cleaned my stamp, then, using the Stamp-A-Majig, I stamped directly over the image with Versamark and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. This creates an emboss resist effect to apply the background colors. I tore two pieces of paper and used a sponge dauber to ink between the tears for the background with Pool Party, Night of Navy and Wisteria Wonder. Then I inked the edges with Night of Navy. I punched out a 1-3/4" circle for the moon and used this as a mask before I applied the background. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

  1. Wow! What a great card! The way you did the coloring and the moon in the background really makes it look 3 dimensional! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulously spooky card!! I love how you used the sketch - thanks so much for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts