Misting with Masks

Today's topic at Ella Publishing's Spring Training 2012 is all about Misting with Masks.  Today's 10 minute challenge is to gather the following items and use the masking techniques presented by Techniques Coach, Nichol Magouirk to create a custom background or embellishment for your next paper crafting project:
• a die-cutting machine, paper punches, or other products (die-cuts, chipboard, letter stickers) that aren't technically "masks"
• a sheet of patterned paper, watercolor paper, or cardstock
• some spray mists

I immediately thought of this beautiful card that I had seen on Angela McKay's blog, North Shore Stamper and I knew I wanted to CASE it for this challenge. I punched out a doily using the Large Sizzlits Doily Die (125592) as a mask. I laid it on textured Whisper White card stock. I didn't have the right color of spray mist that I wanted, so I created my own. Here's my recipe:
1 Tablespoon alcohol
50 drops Pink Pirouette Classic re-inker
3 drops Frost White Shimmer Paint
I shook this up really well in a clean spray bottle and misted it over the doily mask. It's really shimmery in person. My colors on this card are Whisper White, Pink Pirouette and Blushing Bride. I love how this turned out. I am going to try it on a scrapbook page next.

Comments

Popular Posts