We Create Blog Hop - November Step It Up

Hello November! Welcome to our Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who create a simple project and then a “stepped up” version on the first of every month. I'm featuring the Ready for Christmas Bundle which is available through the Holiday Catalog until January 2, 2018. 
The Ready for Christmas Bundle includes the Ready for Christmas stamp set and the coordinating Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies. You save 10% when your order them together in the bundle. Just go to www.stampinup.com and you can choose me as your demonstrator to order any of the items featured in this post.
For the simple card, I used an Old Olive base with a Basic Black Mat and the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper (also featured in the Holiday Catalog). I cut out the largest square with the Stitched Shapes Framelit die and stamped the images. Then I cut this square with the next to largest framelit. I stuck one of the frames flat, next the image, and then popped up the last layered frame with Stampin' Dimensionals. The cute little dog is stamped and cut out with the matching framelit from the bundle. 
For the stepped up card, I created a gate fold card and added the gate from the Detailed Gate Thinlits Die.  I added little Pearl Basic Jewels embellishments to the red bows. Inside, the sentiment is stamped onto a shape from the Stitched Shape Framelits. 

I played around with this idea a little more and created a flat cardfront (which doesn't open like the gate). I added some garland to the top of the gate and added the snow with the Embossing Paste. I can't get enough of this plaid paper! I hope you enjoyed my creations. Please leave a comment and let me know if you have any questions.   

Thank you so much for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers' stepped up cards look like, hop on over to my creative friend Julie Davidse's blog, Stampin Jul by clicking Next Blog below:
http://stampinjul.blogspot.com/2017/11/WCBH11-1.html
  • Stamp Set: Ready for Christmas
  • Colors & Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red, Early Espresso, Black Memento
  • Embellishments: Basic Pearl Jewels, Embossing Paste
  • DSP:  Merry Little Christmas DSP and Merry Music Specialty DSP for the photo background
  • Tools: Blender Pen, Simply Scored, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Big Shot: Detailed Gate Thinlits Die, Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies

Comments

  1. I love both of these beautiful cards, Kris! You put so much detail into your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of the gate cards! What a great use of the "halloween" thinlits....with a different DSP background would be a beautiful wedding card, eh? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your stepped up card is so over the top! :-O You have much more patience than I do, to work with all those little pieces :-D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are all so cool! I love that you use the gate in a "non-Halloween" card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts