Carols of Christmas Stacked Double Z Fold Card

I wasn't really sure what to call this technique. I've seen z fold cards which open up horizontally, but I wanted this one to open up so that it looked like a long sheet of music. The sentiments are stamped from the Carols of Christmas and Merry Little Labels stamp sets and the background is the Music Specialty Designer Series Paper. I used the Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for the card base. It looks so cozy!
There a couple of subtle differences on these two cards. The first one is matted on Whisper White cardstock and I left off the bling. The second is on a Basic Black mat and I added the Clear Faceted Gems. They look like ice crystals.
Here you can see how it is attached and how it folds flat to fit in a Medium Envelope 5-3/4" x 4-3/8".  The little pine sprigs were cut out in Old Olive using the Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies.
The measurements for this card are a little bit tricky because I wanted my focal sentiment to be stamped on the largest square from the Stitched Shapes thinlits die. This square has a weird measurement of 2 5/8" (it looks like it's  2 1/2" but it's not). This was throwing off my mat because I wanted a 1/4" all around it. 
Here are the measurements to create this card using the large square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits die as your focal image: 
Whisper White Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", Score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2"
Center z fold (black or white mat): 9 3/8" x 3 1/8", Score at 3 1/8" and 6 2/8"
Music Specialty DSP: 2 13/8" x 8 15/8"  Glue to your mat and fold. You don't need to score it first.

I was inspired by a traditional fold card created by Tanya Boser. Please leave a comment and if you would like to order any of the items featured in this post, you can shop at www.stampinup.com and please choose me as your demonstrator.

  • Stamp Set: Carols of Christmas, Merry Little Labels
  • Colors & Ink: Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive, Black Memento
  • DSP:  Music Specialty
  • Embelishments: Clear Faceted Gems
  • Tools: Simply Scored, Stampin' Trimmer, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Big Shot: Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Christmas Staircase Thinlits

Comments

Popular Posts