We Create Gratitude Blog Hop

Welcome to the Gratitude Blog Hop, brought to you by the We Create Team of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators! Thanks for joining us as we feature current Stampin' Up! paper, ink, stamps and embellishments from the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog. I'm featuring the Sheltering Tree stamp set. 
My inspiration came from a beautiful card I saw on Pinterest made by Shannon Horch. Click the link on the sidebar if you'd like to follow my Stampin' Up! Pinterest board. 

The branches are stamped in Crumb Cake.  I colored the leaves directly onto the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers in Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green.  I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping onto Watercolor Paper. The sentiment is from the same stamp set, Sheltering Tree and I used Early Espresso on a woodgrain strip from the Festive Farmhouse DSP.  


It's accented with the Braided Linen Thread. Here's a close up photo of the Braided Linen Thread, courtesy of Stampin' Up! It's so soft and you can fray the edges for some fun effects, as you will see on the second card. 
I used the coordinating colors from the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper pack for my inspiration here (Gray Granite, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow, and Whisper White.) I used the same technique as above, except I used Whisper White cardstock instead of watercolor paper. The "you're the best" sentiment on the front of the card is from the P.S. You're the Best Stamp Set. I stamped the inside with a sentiment from the Dashing Deer stamp set. 
Thanks for visiting our blog hop! Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Click the Next Button below to leave Oklahoma to go visit Anastasia's blog, Stampin' Blondie in Arizona!  

If you'd like to place an online order, I'd be delighted! My demonstrator website is www.krisk.stampinup.net. There are lots of ideas and resources there, as well as information on becoming a demonstrator. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp: Sheltering Tree, PS You're the Best, Dashing Deer
  • Colors and Ink Card 1: Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
  • Colors and Ink Card 2: Gray Granite, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White
  • DSP: Watercolor Paper, Festive Farmhouse DSP, Very Vanilla Cardstock
  • Embellishments: Braided Linen Thread, Linen Thread
  • Tools: Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Aqua Painter, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Spritzer, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Big Shot: Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Layering Circle Framelits Dies
Measurements: 
  • Card Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Watercolor Paper: 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Corregated Gray Granite Piece: 4" x 5"
  • Festive Farmhouse Woodgrain Piece on Card 1: 3/4" x 4"
  • Festive Farmhouse Cherry Cobbler Graph Strip on Card 2: 1" x 4"
  • Layering Circles: Two largest circles, plain and scallopped

Comments

  1. Ohhhhh, I LOVE both you're cards! I am 'grateful' for these ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall colors. Makes me feel like I am in a grove of aspens. Great Layouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first card!!!! I wish I could come up with stuff like that. So pretty and you can't even tell it is that set. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KRIS!!!!! OMG - these are both AMAZING cards! I love them - so eyecatching! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I love the colors you chose for the leaves and the watercolor, impressionistic look to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, doing TWO cards! They are both beautiful...I may have to CASE them, so I can finally ink up my Sheltering Tree stamp set. :-O Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts