Emboss Resist - From the Crypt Apple Cider Holder

 


And. . .here it is again. But this time it's an apple cider holder, embellished for Halloween using the spooky stamp set called, From the Crypt. By the way, I forgot to mention that I CASE'd this pattern from my talented and creative upline, RhondaG! You need to see her Medallion tea bag holder at http://thestampinbunny.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html
I used the technique called Emboss Resist. If you don't have a brayer you have come to the right place. I can order one for you. They are so fun to play with.
Directions:
First, you stamp the skull image with clear Versamark Ink onto whisper white cardstock. Make sure you heat set it long enough so the image won't smear. Let it cool. Next, you ink up your brayer by rolling it over your Classic Stampin' Pad. I used Elegant Eggplant on this project. Roll off some of the ink onto your grid paper. Roll the inked brayer over your embossed image until you get the desired effect. Wipe the ink off of the embossed image with a paper towel. The embossed image will resist the ink - hence the name, "Emboss Resist".
Don't you just love the clear rhinestone brad on the spider! I think he is so cute. I used him on another card which I will post tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts