Brave Vikings Explosion Card & Masking Technique

 

My husband and I are big fans of the Vikings series. So, of course, I had to get this Brave Vikings stamp set from Stampin' Up! to make him a birthday card. Tami White recently did a series on these explosion cards and I Case'd her idea but added some stamps of my own. The sentiment on the front of this top card is from the Whale Done stamp set. I used the Marbelous paper which was free with purchase during Sale-A-Bration.  I created the band with the new Blue Foils 12" x 12" Speciality Paper (which comes in 6 sheets, 2 of each of Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy and Silver) and the Stitched So Sweetly dies. The Viking is from the Brave Vikings set and he is colored with various Stampin' Blends and fussy cut.

The inside sentiment uses the masking technique. I cut a strip of the sticky part of a Post-it-Note about 1/4 inch and placed it across the center of the tilted square. Next I stamped the boat from the Brave Vikings set over the strip. I then removed the strip so that I would have a blank area to stamp the "Happy Birthday, You've Conquered Another Year" sentiment. The inside paper is from the Waves of the Ocean DSP.

The cool Viking girl above is colored with various Stampin' Blends, except her jacket/dress which is colored with Soft Seafoam and Pool Party Stampin' Write Markers. The sentiment is from a Hostess set, Mischievous Mice. I adorned her helmet with the Ombre Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels. 

I've added the shopping links to the supplies used to create these cards which will allow you to chose me as your demonstrator. The Marbelous paper is no longer available and the Waves of the Ocean Suite is available until May 2, 2022 or while supplies last. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment below. I love to hear from you!

Comments

  1. I LOVE your coloring on the vikings, and what a fun card idea! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts