Halloween Envelope Treat Bags

 

I just had to CASE these cute treat bags made out of envelopes. Can you believe it? I saw this idea on Stampin' Up's Facebook page designed by Artisan Design Team member Chelsey Christensen. I don't know where I have been, but apparently this idea has been around a while. I was just amazed that a flat envelope could turn into a pouch.

They are super simple to make. Just take a Medium Basic White envelope and cut the glue part off of the flap, about 3/4".  Then score the left, right and bottom of the envelope at 3/4". Before folding, start sponging your ink and stamping. I used a couple of different stamps from the sets, Frightfully Cute and Clever Cats. The back of the envelope will be the front of your treat bag. 
Make sure to bend all of the score lines back and forth to get a good crease. Once, you have your envelope puffed out, there will be points or triangles on the bottom edges. Just fold those down and adhere to the bottom of your bag. Attach the loose sides of the top flap as well. Then use your imagination and embellish with your favorite pieces of the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper. 
It works with 3x3 envelopes as well! Just score at 1/2" on the bottom and sides. Embellish your tags with Gingham Ribbon or black Baker's Twine. 
I'd be delighted to be your demonstrator! Visit www.stampinup.com to see all of these products and to place an order. Please choose me as your demonstrator. To subscribe to Paper Pumpkin visit https://www.paperpumpkin.com/subscribe?demoid=2052134 

Comments

Popular Posts